Keith R. Porter Imaging Facility offers full service imaging for external clients and users who are not trained to use instruments independently.
- Please submit a work request form to email@example.com.
Sample drop-off (UMBC users)
- Samples should be dropped off outside of the respective KPIF location.
- There will be signage and receptacles in which to place samples.
Biological Sciences (Rm 079): Small refrigerator outside the main door.
Physics (Rm 305): All SEM samples should be placed in the receptacle outside the double-doors. We will not be accepting samples for AFM at this time.
ILSB (Rm 324): Small refrigerator outside the door in the lounge.
- Your samples will be disposed of after imaging, unless there are special circumstances.
Sample Drop-off (External users)
- Please contact KPIF staff to coordinate sample submission.
- Staff will reserve time on the instrument calendar for imaging.
- Staff will upload images to a shared Google Drive or Box folder.