The FEI Nova NanoSEM 450 is a modern field-emission scanning electron microscope with 1 nm ultimate resolution, large sample chamber with advanced motorized stage, and navigation supported by an in-chamber camera. High- and low-vacuum operations are possible. The system also includes EDS and EBSD capability (Oxford Aztec). The purchase of the system was funded by NSF MRI grant number DMR_1337727.
- 200 V-30 kV accelerating voltage, 0-4 stage bias
- 110 x 100 mm, 5-axis, motorized, eucentric stage
- Integrated plasma cleaner
- Everhard-Thornley secondary electron
- Segmented back-scattered electron
- Low vacuum and gaseous analytical
- Solid state STEM